Terms and Conditions

  1. Bookings are for full weeks, running from Friday to Friday.
  2. Short breaks (minimum three nights) may be available, but depend on the availability of our housekeeper, and so cannot be booked directly online. Please email or phone if you could like to enquire about a short break. These are charged at 75% of the weekly price for a 3-night break and 85% for 4 nights. 5 nights or greater are charged at the full week price.
  3. The cottage will normally be available from 4pm on the day you arrive and we would ask you to depart by 10:00am on the day you leave to allow time for cleaning between guests. All members of your party must vacate the property by this time.  It may sometimes be possible to adjust these, but this is subject to other bookings, so please contact us if you have special requirements.
  4. When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary by email, to the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent to you by post or email and the deposit has been paid.
  5. A non-refundable deposit of 30% of the rental price is required at the time of booking. The remaining balance of 70% is due six weeks before the arrival date.  Bookings made less than 6 weeks before the start date must be paid in full at the time of booking.
  6. Cancellation. If you have to cancel for any reason you must notify us in writing or by email.  Cancellation charges will apply therefore we strongly recommend that you take out holiday cancellation insurance.
  7. Payment may be made by online bank transfer or, through our third party payment system Holiday Rent Payment (Yapstone), if you wish to pay be debit or credit card.
  8. Please note that smoking is prohibited in the cottage.
  9. A maximum of two well-behaved dogs will be accepted in the cottage, with prior notice, at no additional charge. As pet owners ourselves we understand how important it is to be able to take your pet on holiday with you, but we have to ask all our guests to act responsibly as far as their pets are concerned. We would be grateful therefore if you would adhere to the following rules when staying with us:
    • Please do not leave your pet alone in the cottage during your stay.
    • Pets are not allowed on the furniture or in the bedrooms. This is very important as some of our guests are allergic to pet hair.
    • The garden is great for pets to play in but please clear up any dog mess before you leave, as we often have children staying in the cottage.
    • As Ar Tearmann is in a rural area there are often sheep in the neighbouring fields, so please keep your pet under control at all times.
  10. This hire agreement is made between Somewhere Special Ltd (“us/we”) and the person signing the booking form and/or paying the deposit (“you”), for the hire of the cottage shown on the booking form (“the property”).
  11. The maximum occupancy of the cottage is four adults and this must not be exceeded. We reserve the right to terminate occupancy of the property without notice or refund in the case of a breach of this condition.
  12. The property shall be used solely for the purposes of a holiday and you shall not sub-let the property, or any part of it, or any of its equipment. Use of the property is at the hirer’s own risk and no liability shall fall on us for any injury to, or loss of personal belongings of, the occupants.
  13. You will maintain the property and its contents in the clean and tidy condition you accept it at the start of your holiday. Any breakages are payable in full.
  14. If for any reason beyond our control we are unable to provide the property you have booked then we will refund all the monies you have paid in full.
  15. By paying the deposit (or full amount), you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and you must ensure that all members of your party understand and comply with them.