Terms and Conditions

  1. Bookings are for full weeks, running from Friday to Friday.
  2. Short breaks (minimum three nights) may be available, but depend on the availability of our housekeeper, and so cannot be booked directly online.  Please email or phone if you would like to enquire about a short break.  These are charged at 75% of the weekly price for a 3-night break and 85% for 4 nights.  5 nights or greater are charged at the full week price.
  3. A non-refundable deposit of 30% of the rental price is required at the time of booking.  The remaining balance of 70% is due six weeks before the arrival date.   Bookings made less than 6 weeks before the start date must be paid in full at the time of booking.
  4. Payment may be made by online bank transfer or, through our third party payment system Holiday Rent Payment (Yapstone), if you wish to pay by debit or credit card.
  5. Due to Covid-19, the cottage will now be available from 6pmon arrival day and we would ask you to depart by 9am on the day you leave, to allow time to fully deep clean and sanitise the cottage between guests.  All members of your party must vacate the property by this time.  If the cottage is ready for you earlier than 6pm, our housekeeper will send you a text alert to the mobile number listed on your booking form.
  6. When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatic booking summary by email. This does not form a contract between us.  A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed by email and the deposit has been paid.
  7. This hire agreement is made between Somewhere Special Ltd (“us/we”) and the person signing the booking form and/or paying the deposit (“you”), for the hire of the cottage shown on the booking form (“the property”).
  8. The person completing the booking form certifies that:
    • He/she is authorised to agree the booking conditions on behalf of all persons included on the booking form, including those who may be added/substituted at a later date
    • He/she is over 18 years of age and is a member of the party intending to occupy the property
    • He/she agrees to take responsibility for the party occupying the property
  9. The agreement gives you the right to occupy the property for a holiday within the meaning of Schedule 1 paragraph 9 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988.  The tenancy period cannot be extended without our permission.
  10. The maximum occupancy of the cottage is four adults and this must not be exceeded. We reserve the right to terminate occupancy of the property without notice or refund if this condition is breached.
  11. If you, or any member of your party, suspect you have contracted Covid-19 while on holiday, you must inform us immediately and adhere to the current Government guidance regarding actions to take if displaying symptoms of Covid-19.
  12. If you overstay for any reason and do not vacate by 9am on the departure date, then we will have to charge you for any ongoing costs arising directly or indirectly as a result, including the costs of having to cancel any booking of the property due to commence at the end of your holiday let.
  13. If you have to cancel for any reason you must notify us in writing or by email.  Cancellation charges will apply, therefore we strongly recommend that you take out holiday cancellation insurance.
  14. Please note that smoking is prohibited in the cottage.
  15. A maximum of two well-behaved dogs will be accepted, with prior notice, at no additional charge. As pet owners ourselves we understand how important it is to be able to take your pet on holiday with you, but we have to ask all our guests to act responsibly as far as their pets are concerned.  We would be grateful therefore if you would adhere to the following rules when staying with us:
    • Please do not leave your pet alone in the cottage during your stay
    • Pets are not allowed on the furniture or in the bedrooms. This is very important as some of our guests are allergic to pet hair
    • The garden is great for pets to play in but please clear up any dog mess before you leave and put the bags in the green dustbin, as we often have children staying at the cottage.  You will find plenty of poo bags beneath the kitchen sink
    • As Ar Tearmann is in a rural area, there are often sheep in the neighbouring fields, so please keep your pet under control at all times
  16. You should maintain the property and its contents in the clean and tidy condition you accept it in at the start of your holiday.  Any breakages are payable in full.
  17. If for any reason beyond our control we are unable to provide the property you have booked, then we will refund all the monies you have paid in full.
  18. By paying the deposit (or full amount), you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and you should ensure that all members of your party understand and comply with them.